May 7, 2010

Lyra Watercolor Crayon Background

Hi Guys, Today is such a good day little DD is in a good mood (if you are wondering how old is my DD.. she is 3 acting like 23). I woke up early done my housework before my critters wakes up. By 8am we are out the door to drop my DS to school and I came home I look around and my house is nice and spotless - well not really spotless; if you can believe that I need a trophy for having a spotless house... lol. 

Oh forgot to mentioned the only part of the room that I have not touched yet is my craft room. So thought better clean and tidy my craft room so that I can finalise my ATCs tonight I have so much ATCs to do for Swap For You. Well - that was the plan but I had a light bulb popped over my head and found myself sitting down in my comfy chair, start looking at my stamp collections, and also found myself matching cardstock colors. YEP! told myself well maybe I will do a little crafty time first; clean and tidy later have you done that too or just me?

Anyhoo..I made a Lyra watercolor crayon background.

Material I used
Lyra Watercolor crayons (4542) tin of 48, (4541) tin of 24, (4540) tin of 12
Sponge (4913)
Water
White Bazzill (4925) - (recommended) the reason for this is because Bazzill has that pattern and holds the color well when wet.

Randomly color the Bazzill with blue and also randomly color with white. I have chosen  this color duo because I am trying to get a pastel blue color. Once done that wet the sponge with water and rub the Bazzill with sponge in downward or upward direction.



Here's the other color this time I used the fuchsia pink and white to get a pastel pink color.

TAHDAH!! here is my finish products. You can use these as background for your cards or for scrapbooking.

I hope you like it and tell me what you think. If you tried this technique I would love to see it :-).

Have a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations