Apr 30, 2010

Cents in the Jar

I made this from a lolly jar (candy jar) that was given to me by a friend last Christmas.

When the yummy lollies all disappeared I thought I will make something out of it as it's such a pretty jar to throw away. So I decided to make it as my savings account :-). I put all the silver coins that I found around the house from 5cents to 50cents. Why only silver coins? Well with a 15 yr old around the house it is difficult to find gold coins (of course he do asked first if he can have the gold coins.)

Last month I emptied the jar so that I can spend it to the Craft show and I managed to collect $117.15 - good ha?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a great idea. I even have a jar that I could use!!! Hope you are feeling a little better - good to see that your creative energies are returning. Marla

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations